Please explore the tabs below to learn about some of my work experience. If you require more detail, or if you have any questions please contact me.
Telesto Inc., Ottawa, ON
March 2010 – May 2013
- Responsible for creative direction and management of the art department.
- Lead 2D/3D animator and multimedia designer on all animation and video productions.
- Lead video editor and compositor on all productions.
- Extensive 3D modelling.
- Worked closely with clients during productions, including RBC, Bayer, TJX, Enbridge, The Co-operators, Intuit and more.
- Design and animation of custom full colour hologram prints, including Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Kung Fu Panda 2.
- Sound design and music composition, recording and mixing.
- Interactive Flash design.
- Job required heavy use of 3D Studio MAX, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Captivate and many more.
BitHeads Inc. (Playbrains), Ottawa, ON
November 2008 – September 2009
- Worked as a member of the art team for the production of Madballs: Babo Invasion.
- Produced concept drawings, textures, shaders, 3D models and collision meshes to create a large library of 3D assets for in-game use.
- Designed particle effects using in-house tools.
- Designed environments, props and lighting for all playable game levels.
- Edited video, applied post effects and sound for game promotional materials.
- Generated motion graphics and promotional website content.
- Required extensive use of 3D Studio MAX, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Borland Starteam software change & configuration management tools.
XYZ RGB Inc., Ottawa, ON
November 2001 – September 2008
CTO / Technical Director
- Served as Technical Director for 3D scanning on an extensive list of high profile film and video game projects.
- Film projects included Lord of the Rings, The Matrix Sequels, King Kong, 300, GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Public Enemies, Tron Legacy and many more.
- Provided superior scanning, meshing, modelling and texturing services to demanding clients such as Electronic Arts, Digital Domain, Activision and Weta Digital.
- Expert in the use of all types of 3D shape acquisition equipment, from laser and structured light to camera based high-density stereo.
- Calibrated machine vision and standard camera types for stereo extraction, as well as multi-camera synchronization.
- Performed both 3D and conventional photo shoots of high profile celebrities and athletes around the world.
- Created high-resolution HDR and LDR panorama images.
- Highly proficient in such software packages as: 3D Studio MAX, Photoshop, Paraform, Polyworks, GSI Studio, Bunkspeed Pro, PT GUI Pro, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, Mudbox, Cyslice and many others.
- Created high-end 3D animations and renders for clients and company promotional material.
- Operated in-house rapid prototyping equipment.
- Managed modelling and animation team to meet tight deadlines.
RabbitHoles Media, Gatineau, QC
June 2006 – March 2011
Creative Consultant / Technical Consultant / 3D Artist
- Produced spectacular, full colour, large-scale holographic prints for advertising and promotions.
- Designed highly complex scenes in 3D Studio MAX and Adobe After Effects.
- Provided content to clients such as Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, Coke, Lightstorm Entertainment, Revlon, RealD and Industry Canada.
- Latest project was a seven foot animated hologram for the “Terminator: Salvation” Premiere.
Arius3D Inc., Ottawa, ON
September 2000 – October 2001
3D Imaging Specialist
- Utilized laser scanning technology to image a wide range of valuable objects for museum applications.
- Responsible for graphic and web design for company promotional materials.
- Applied knowledge of 3D Studio MAX, Geomagic Studio and Polyworks.
Memorial University of Newfoundland, St.John’s / Corner Brook, NL
Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual), Photography
Arius3D Inc., Ottawa, ON
On the job training in laser scanning, Geomagic Studio, Paraform, Polyworks and 3D Studio MAX
- Nominated for Academy Award for Technical Achievement (2004) as part of XYZ RGB Inc.
- Nomination given jointly to XYZ RGB Inc. and the National Research Council Institute for Information Technology
- Music – I play guitar, drums, and bass
- 3D graphics and rendering
- Visual Effects
- Gaming – I have been an avid gamer since childhood, owning almost every major console